1. Payment is by direct debit, cheque or debit card. We no longer accept credit card payments for any of our lottery or raffle products. The cost of each entry is £1 per week. Players can take a maximum of five chances and payments must be made in advance.
2. Players wishing to pay by direct debit must be set up and activated before entry into the weekly draw. Please be advised that this can take up to 28 days.
3. The draw will take place every Friday except when a Friday falls on a bank holiday, when the draw will take place on the next working day.
4. Applications must be from players aged 18 years or over. No person under this age is allowed by law to enter the Blind Veterans UK weekly lottery. Any person who has entered under the age of 18 years will automatically forfeit any prize and will be excluded from future entries.
5. Blind Veterans UK reserves the right to publish the names of winners.
6. Winners will be notified by post within 28 working days and a list of winners will be published on our website results the next working day after each draw. For our quarterly superdraws, we aim to publish the winners on our website within two weeks
7. The applicant to the weekly lottery is responsible for providing accurate information to enter the draw this includes name, personal address and telephone number. The applicant is responsible for informing Blind Veterans UK of any changes to their details held by the charity as soon as they are able to.
8. Four times a year we will hold a superdraw where the first prize is £15,000 and the total prize fund is £17,000. There are no alternatives to the cash prizes and no interest is payable. Prizes will be paid by cheque through the post within 28 days.
9. Blind Veterans UK accepts no liability for loss, theft or delay due to post or for any interest for late items. Blind Veterans UK is not liable for any late bank payments.
10. Prizes are open to all residents of Great Britain and all Blind Veterans UK staff, volunteers and members except for those working within Engagement, Finance and SLT. Individuals named on, or associated with, the Gambling Commission licence are also prohibited from playing the lottery. Immediate family and those living with these excluded individuals will also not be able to participate in the lottery. External agents involved in the production or promotion of lotteries or selling lottery tickets face-to-face or via telephone will not be permitted to enter the draw of any lottery they have been involved in.
11. Residents of Northern Ireland are not eligible to play.
12. This lottery is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
13. Blind Veterans UK has the right to change or update the rules and prize fund at their discretion and also reserves the right without notice or reason to cancel or refuse entry to the lottery. This decision shall be final and binding.
Information about prizes and proceeds
- When you purchase a ticket, your unique number will be generated through a computer and assigned to you. This number will then be sent to you via post. Full payment for each ticket must be received in approved funds before tickets will be entered into the draw. Only payment approved tickets will be entered.
- The winning numbers for each draw will be chosen by a random number generator, run by our external lottery manager (Woods Valldata).
- Prizes to be won each week for the lottery: 1st prize: £1000; 2nd prize: £100; 3rd prize: 2 x £50; Runner-up Prizes: 30 x £10 M&S vouchers.
- The likelihood of winning a prize in the lottery is 0.34% or 1 in 294.1 per chance.
- Total annual lottery proceeds raised: £480,273
- Lottery proceeds are spent as stated below:
81% of proceeds are applied directly to the purpose of the society
19% of proceeds are spent on expenses relating to the promotion and running of the lottery
10% of the expenses are spent on prizes
Statistics have been produced from April 2022-March 2023 results